Refrigerated Trailers (Reefers)
Refrigerated Trailers (Reefers) are essentially temperature controlled dry van trailers. Unlike dry vans, a reefer is equipped with a cooling system and insulation throughout the trailer.
- Used for the transportation of freight that requires a controlled temperature. Examples include: frozen food, produce, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and electronics.
- Common Lengths: 28′ – 53′
- Overall Width: 96″ – 102″
- Common Heights: 12.5′ – 13.5′
- Maximum Payload Weight at 53′ Length: 44,000 lbs
- Maximum Pallets at 53′ Length: 26 (single stacked), 52 (double stacked)
Loading and Unloading
- Most commonly loaded via the rear of the trailer, usually from a loading dock.
- Can be equipped with either roll-up or swing doors.
- Can be equipped with side doors.
- Can be equipped with a lift-gate.
- Can Be equipped with chutes.