Standard Flatbed Trailers
Standard Flatbed Trailers are one of the most commonly used trailer types. They are capable of hauling a wide variety of freight that does not require an enclosed transportation method. Flatbeds also provide flexible loading. They can be loaded from the sides or rear using a forklift. They can also be loaded from above using a crane.
- Used for the transportation of freight that does not require an enclosed trailer. Freight that overhangs the sides of the trailer may may require a permit in some states.
- Common Lengths: 48′ – 53′
- Overall Width: 8’6″ (102″)
- Overall Height: 5′
- Maximum Payload Weight: 48,000 lbs
Loading and Unloading
- Commonly loaded from the sides or rear with a forklift, or from above using a crane.
- Because the deck is not enclosed, tarps and straps are commonly used on standard flatbed trailers to protect and secure freight.