Dry Van Trailers (Enclosed Trailers)
Dry Van Trailers are the most commonly used trailer type for freight transportation. These trailers are fully enclosed, protecting freight from exposure to outside conditions.
- Dry Van Trailers are used to transport a wide variety of freight. Freight can be palletized, boxed, or loose. Because dry van trailers are non-refrigerated, they are not typically used to transport temperature-sensitive freight.
- Common Lengths: 28′, 45′, 48′, 53′
- Overall Width: 96″ – 102″
- Overall Height: 12.5′ – 13.6″
- Maximum Payload Weight at 53′ Length: 45,000 lbs
- Maximum Pallets at 53′ Length: 26 (single stacked), 52 (double stacked)
Loading and Unloading
- Most commonly loaded via the rear of the trailer, usually from a loading dock.
- Can be equipped with either roll-up or swing doors.
- Can be equipped with side doors.
- Can be equipped with lift-gate.