Upper Coupler Inspection
Cracks and corrosion in a trailer’s upper coupler aren’t always easy to see. The damage to this dry van trailer (Great Dane) was hidden underneath a thick layer of grease. Fortunately, the Technician did a thorough inspection and took the time to scrape off some of the grease, revealing a crack.
Using the Milwaukee M12 Auto Technician Borescope, the internal portion of the coupler was inspected. This footage confirms that the coupler has been compromised, and corrosion is becoming an issue.
M12™ Auto Technician Borescope (3150-20)
- Camera Head Diameter: 5mm
- Camera Head Length: 1.5”
- Screen Size: 4.3”
- Screen Rotation: 270°
- Cable Length: 3’
- Replaceable Cable (Sold Separately, 48-53-3150): Yes
- Memory & Exportability: SD Card (Included)
- Adjustable LED Brightness: 5-Level
- Temperature Sensing: HEAT SENSE™ Temperature Alert
Includes: M12™ Auto Technician Borescope (3150-20), 5mm Borescope Camera Cable (48-53-3150), Hard Case