VVMF Announces 2022 The Wall That Heals Tour Schedule
Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall and mobile education center spreads healing legacy and educates about the impact of the Vietnam War
WASHINGTON, DC and ALEXANDRIA, Virginia: For the seventh year, the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) is honored to continue its partnership with the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF).
Since 2015, TCA carrier members have transported The Wall That Heals, an exhibit that includes a three-quarter scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial along with a mobile Education Center, to communities nationwide. The traveling exhibit honors the more than three million Americans who served in the U.S. Armed Forces in the Vietnam War and it bears the names of the 58,281 men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam.
This year, the 27th season of The Wall That Heals will begin on March 24, 2022, in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, and visit 29 communities during the year.
“Partnering with TCA enables us to continue our mission to honor and preserve the legacy of The Wall That Heals and educate all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War,” shared VVMF President and CEO Jim Knotts. “We look forward to providing communities with a healing experience for local veterans and their families and an educational experience for all visitors on the continuing impact of the Vietnam War on America.”
Each year a TCA for-hire carrier member is selected to host a stop, courtesy of VVMF. The organizations are eager to share that announcement once able.
TCA encourages its member companies to support the effort; historic haulers will be contacted on December 15, 2021, while those interested in hauling for the first time are encouraged to express interest beginning January 15, 2022 via the following website.
Each year, VVMF receives more applications to host the exhibit than can be accommodated. For the 2022 tour schedule, preferential consideration was given to canceled sites from the 2020 tour that reapplied for 2022.
The Wall That Heals 2022 Tour dates include:
- Bay St. Louis, Mississippi: March 24 – March 27
- Garner, North Carolina: March 31 – April 3
- Crawfordsville, Arkansas: April 7 – April 10
- Knoxville, Tennessee: April 21 – April 24
- New Castle, Delaware: April 28 – May 1
- Findlay, Ohio: May 5 – May 8
- Belvidere, Illinois: May 12 – May 15
- Winchester, Indiana: May 19 – May 22
- Erie, Pennsylvania: May 27 – May 30
- Norwalk, Connecticut: June 2 – June 5
- Chisholm, Minnesota: June 23 – June 26
- Franklin, Wisconsin: June 30 – July 3
- Chicago Heights, Illinois: July 7 – July 10
- Battle Creek, Michigan: July 14 – July 17
- Eagan, Minnesota: July 21 – July 24
- Winsted, Minnesota: July 28 – July 31
- Tama, Iowa: August 4 – August 7
- Kearney, Nebraska: August 11 – August 14
- Mead, Colorado : August 18 – August 21
- Payson, Arizona: August 25 – August 28
- Warrenton, Missouri: September 8 – September 11
- Middletown, New York: September 15 – September 18
- Bedford, Massachusetts: September 22 – September 25
- Methuen, Massachusetts: September 29 – October 2
- Sayre, Pennsylvania: October 6 – October 9
- Charlotte, North Carolina: October 20 – October 23
- Anahuac, Texas: October 27 – October 30
- San Antonio, Texas: November 3 – November 6
- Cabot, Arkansas: November 10 – November 13
Listen to Recent Segment
On Veteran’s Day of 2021, VVMF’s Director of Outreach Tim Tetz was a guest on TCA’s Radio Nemo segment “Load ’em Up, Move ’em Out.” Listen as he shares the relationship with TCA and its members, the importance of the mobile education center, and more.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) is the nonprofit organization that built the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) in Washington, D.C. in 1982. VVMF continues to lead the way in paying tribute to our nation’s Vietnam veterans and their families. VVMF’s mission is to honor and preserve the legacy of service in America and educate all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War and era through programs, ceremonies and education materials.
To learn more about VVMF, visit www.vvmf.org or call 202-393-0090.
Located in Alexandria, Virginia, TCA is the only trade association whose sole focus is the truckload segment of the motor carrier industry. The association represents dry van, refrigerated, flatbed, tanker, and intermodal container carriers operating throughout North America. Founded in 1938, the TCA represents operators of nearly 210,000 trucks, which collectively produce revenue of more than $38 billion in annual truckload revenue.